Bright Start is currently seeking a full-time Early Interventionist to work in the Spartanburg area. Early Interventionists provide intensive developmental instruction for parents/caregivers and their children with special needs. We assist families in helping children reach developmental milestones by building on the strengths of the family and child through home visits and individualized family training.
Minimum requirements for interested candidates are a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, Psychology, or a related field, along with 1 year experience working with children from birth-3 years of age.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the family of an eligible child in understanding the special needs of the child and enhancing the child’s development.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities in the child’s natural environments with the child and caregiver and facilitate learning about the child’s development within the family.
- Assists families in helping children reach developmental milestones.
- Perform home visits as outlined in treatment plans.
- Adhere to guidelines set forth by BabyNet and the SC Department of Disabilities and Special Needs.
- Ensure that services outlined in the child’s IFSP/FSP are rendered in accordance with the current program policy and that they include parent participation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Education, Psychology, or a related field
- Must have at least a year experience working with children from birth to three (3) years of age.
- BlueChoice Medical
- Principal Dental, Vision, and Group Life
- Supplementary benefits through Colonial Life (Short Term Disability, Voluntary Life)
- 401(k) Plan
- Leadership Training
Job Type: Full-time